- Lead vs Lag - spend 80% of your time focusing on lead indicators
- Aim for 80% success rate
- Symptoms are lag
- Weight is lag
- Lead is what you do, your activities
- Preventing future illness - Parkinson’s
- Metrics - Microbiome
- Find the lead of this
- Are you tracking your lead indicators?
- No → self-sabotage
- Yes, but not doing it - you need a plan or you need to simplify
- Tracking too many things
- Tracking the wrong things or not understanding the significance of what you’re tracking
- I’m tracking, I’m executing AND I still have symptoms
- Now we adjust the practices
The program’s not working a
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO TRACK IN ORDER TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH
When we have health problems and annoying symptoms, it’s understandable that we focus there. That this is what has our attention.
And yet, if you’re going to recover your health, you don’t just need a plan. You need to know your numbers.
But what you should track?
In this Lab Note, we go through the different types of metrics, where you need to put the majority of your focus and the number one thing you need to do consistently in order to make progress on improving your health.